Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

    This past week I have been reflecting on this past year and all the things that have happened. What an amazing year it has been.
    The year started out with Jamal and I already together (we had met the November before). We had been dating for a couple of months and were starting to think about marriage. January kicked off with us having the opportunity to drop my handsome brother Mark off at the MTC on January 30th. It was a bittersweet moment. We were and are so proud of him but it was hard to say goodbye too.

He likes to color coordinate his pen, tie, and sunglasses. What a stud! 

On April 1st, Jamal proposed (and no, it wasn't a joke!) What a happy day!

our first engagement picture


A couple weeks later, my parents came out for my sister Emily's wedding. They were able to meet Jamal and spend some time getting to know him. Of course, Emily and Adam's wedding day was beautiful and we were so grateful we were able to attend. 

Emily's wedding with the Family- mark

At the end of April, I graduated from BYU with a degree in Elementary Education with an Early Childhood Emphasis. 

can you see it?    B  Y   U  


In May, I finished my first year of teaching. I taught 3rd grade and loved it! 

In June came our special day. On June 22nd, we were sealed in the Mount Timpanogos Temple in Utah. It was a beautiful day and one we will always remember. 

What a great day! 


In August, I started teaching my 2nd year of school. I switched to 6th grade and I love it too. 

In November, Jamal left his old job and started working at a residential treatment center for at-risk youth. He works in an autism unit and is absolutely loving it.

This month, we celebrated our first Christmas together and had a great day. 

We are so grateful for the many blessings we have experienced this year. It has definitely been a year to remember. We look forward to 2014 and all the experiences it will bring. 

What did you enjoy about 2013? 

Happy New Year! 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Quiet Books

Feeding Ducks

Tis the Season!