A Perfect Day

      Have you ever had one of those days where you don't want it to end because it was so great? Yesterday was one of those days for me. It was a Saturday which is one of my favorite days anyways because Jamal has Saturdays off. We decided to spend the day getting some things done that we needed to.
   We headed off to IKEA, our new favorite furniture place. Previously we've bought our dresser and coffee table from there. A lot of our motivation to go there comes from the fact that A. it's cheaper than other places, and B, it's in small box and we have a tiny car to tote things in. At IKEA, we decided on a bookshelf. I had a gift card from school so we finally felt like we should get one. Emily (my sister), called and was close by. We decided to go visit her. However, we realized that it might be hard to bring her around if we had taken all the space in our car up with our IKEA box. We decided to leave the box at IKEA, go hang with Emily, and then come back for it.
    We headed off to South Jordan to pick Emily up. After a lunch at Zupa's, we went to a cute boutique called "Charming Charlie's". We walked around a little longer and then had to drop Emily back off and say goodbye.
    Once again, we were at IKEA. We bought the bookshelf and then headed home. We were a little nervous about putting it together because when we got our dresser, there were about a bazillion pieces and it took FOREVER to put it together. Thankfully, this bookshelf was A LOT simpler. Jamal was shocked that it was so easy. I told him I wanted to do it so I took over. It was quite fun!

building the bookshelf!

It's exhausting work!
    After putting the bookshelf together, we played the game of "where do we put this in the apartment", and "let's try and rearrange our apartment five different times and then put the bookshelf in the first spot." It was quite the adventure. We finally got it settled and we love how it turned out.

This bookshelf is super cool because you can lay it horizontally or have it stand vertically. 
    Next, we ate dinner and then headed to the icecastles in Midway. There is a guy who started building icecastles in his backyard and now has 3 different castles across the U.S.  The icecastles were amazing! We had such a great time. The owner is still expanding the castles and they will hopefully be open until March. To find out more information go to icecastles.com.

































    We had such a good day. I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with my sweet husband. Since he and I have opposite schedules with our work now, we truly cherish the moments we get to spend together. I sure love him. How was your weekend?
    On a side note, one of the best moments from Christmas day was skyping my family and then skyping my brother Mark! Love them!

why hello family!

love you Marky!

Comments

  1. Amazing photos! They remind me of scenes in the movie Frozen!

    Love your bookshelf. I have yet to visit an IKEA store although I would love to someday! I did order a high chair from them which I absolutely love and wish I had had for all of my kids!

    Have a great week!

    Love, Aunt Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite amazing! They actually froze lights inside and then they flashed different colors. Ikea is great! We love it too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Quiet Books

Feeding Ducks

Tis the Season!