Getting Crafty

     So lately, I've decided to try and fit more of the stereotypical "housewife". Just kidding. Actually, I've gotten the opportunity to be in charge of some activities for our ward. This opportunity has allowed me to channel my inner "craftiness".  I have always wanted to have one of those plaques in my house, you know the one that says your last name and established... Something like the following.

 
       Unfortunately, although this has been a great desire of mine, I haven't done it because of time constraints and the lack of know how to get started. However, when I started this new opportunity, I learned some great resources. My new favorite store is the "Habitat for Humanity Restore" store. They have locations in Provo, Orem, Salt Lake, and many others. More information can be located at this  link, http://www.habitatsaltlake.com/restore.php. The store front looks like this:

        It is seriously the coolest place. People and companies donate excess supplies from projects to this store to help build homes. Then the public is able to go and enter the store and buy anything you may need at a super cheap price. They have things like drawers, cabinets, benches, cabinet doors, tiles, lamp shapes and lamp bottoms, long pieces of wood, and many other odds and ends. For the plaque I wanted to make, I found an old piece of wood that was actually originally the front of a cabinet drawer. The wood only cost me $1. Can you believe that? If you bought a plain plaque at Hobby Lobby, they are $7, minimum. I was so excited with my find. After that store, I ran to Hobby Lobby to get some paint and a stencil and got started! Here's my finished result. I'm pretty proud. What do you think?








Comments

  1. I love it! Good work! Wish we had a store like that here! Have a great week!

    Aunt Judi :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Quiet Books

Feeding Ducks

Tis the Season!