Skipping Rocks - An Update

      It's definitely been a while since our last post. Time seems to pass so quickly these days. With Jamal in school and working full time, and with me as busy as ever with teaching, we haven't gotten to blogging as much as we'd like. However, I thought I'd give an update.
     Like I said, Jamal and I have been super busy lately. With Jamal and my schedule, we are like two ships passing in the night. The only time we really see each other is on the weekends, which of course makes us really appreciate them and then mourn them when they are over. Jamal and I have really come to appreciate all the time we can spend together, even if it means just talking on the couch, watching a movie, or taking a walk.
    This past weekend, a man that was very influential in Jamal's life passed away. He had had heart problems for a long time, but he had a heart attack and passed on. When we heard about it, we were saddened by the loss of such an incredible man who has had such an impact on both of our lives. Yesterday we went and attended the funeral. It was very special. There was a mix of memories shared, moments people were inspired, and an overwhelming sense of love that this man left to all those who were around him. He truly touched each person's life he came in contact with, and made them even better for it. Jamal and I left with a desire to be like this man some day.
    Today after church, Jamal and I went and visited my aunt and uncle. I lived with them for a month before Jamal and I got married and it was great to see them again. We sat and talked and enjoyed visiting with them.
     After we left, we drove down to Utah Lake. We walked up on the boardwalk and reminisced about how we had been there a year before when the lake was completely frozen over. Jamal had taken me there one evening after a date and we talked and threw rocks into the frozen lake. Remembering this experience, we decided to start throwing rocks again. Jamal is determined to teach me how to skip rocks. He's pretty good and I'm definitely not. I did however get a rock to skip twice. :) Of course we'll be going back to perfect my skills.
     Jamal and I really enjoyed skipping rocks and just enjoying each other's company. One of the things I enjoy about my husband is that he is always coming up with silly random things for us to do. These include: skipping rocks, walking around Deer Creek, walking along the Provo river trail, walking along the trail at BYU, feeding ducks (of course that's my favorite!), and finding outlooks for different cities we are in. One time we also went on a drive in the middle of nowhere where we are pretty sure we saw a UFO, but we'll just leave it at that. :)
     I'm grateful for these small moments where I get to realize even more how much I love my husband and the way I feel when I am with him. Even though our time seems limited, I'm grateful we can take advantage of the time we do have and enjoy it.
     Here's some pictures of our adventures today. Have a great week!


A video of our experience

Jamal says "Say Cheese"

So Happy Together :)


Utah Lake

Utah Lake as the sun went down

Jamal skipping rocks



"Oh yeah!"
Love him! 




Comments

  1. So fun to read an update! I have missed your posts! I am so glad you guys are having so much fun amidst all of the work! I haven't really ever been very good at skipping rocks either!

    Love, Aunt Judi :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Quiet Books

Feeding Ducks

Tis the Season!