Our Wedding Scrapbook

      Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved scrapbooking. I was introduced at a young age as I watched my mother make scrapbooks for our family. I was interested and so my mom helped me order photos from my camera, and I started my first scrapbook. I'm pretty sure my first scrapbook looked something like this:


     My mom has a scrapbook at our house that I always go back to. It's a special scrapbook with all her and my father's engagements, wedding/reception pictures/cards, and their honeymoon. I have always thought that was so neat. As a young girl I would look through that book over and over because I loved learning more about my mom and dad and how they met.
    Of course, this is what led to my desire to create a wedding scrapbook for Jamal and I. Over the past 7 months that we have been married, I have been slowly accumulating pieces to make the scrapbook. I got a binder and some pages first, then some stickers and journaling pens. Something that has really helped is a scrapbooking warehouse sale that is located near my house. They have thousands of supplies for a reduced price which has allowed me to get some of the things I need.  Last week I finally printed out some pictures so that I could start.
    Since I am so incredibly busy with school, it's hard to find the time to get started. Last night however, I found that I had a three hour block where I could work. I quickly sorted out the pictures and got started. My pages are not fancy, and definitely not the work of a professional, but I love them because they will always be something I can look through to remind me or my future children someday of that special day.
family pictures

on the temple grounds

just me

the funny moments

funny continued

just me and Jamal






Looking at the pictures makes me realize once again how grateful I am to have met the man in the pictures. I have never been happier and I love him so much. 

What did you do with your wedding pictures? 

P.S. On a side note, I tried feeding the ducks cracked corn. They loved it! 

Comments

  1. I always love looking at your mom's scrapbooks too. She is very good at keeping them going. I am struggling with scrapbooking right now. Digital photos have made it possible to have almost too many photos and have made the process overwhelming for me. So far I have found blogging to be my best way to keep a family scrapbook. The kids have their books but poor Zeddie doesn't have one started yet. Yikes!

    Anyway, yours looks great. It is so fun to be able to look back over the scrapbooks. Keep up the great work and maybe someday I can see it in person :).

    Have a great week! (glad the corn worked for the ducks)

    Aunt Judi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite overwhelming. I printed most of our wedding pictures though because they're our wedding. I have a scrapbook from my teenage years, but I haven't done one since. It takes so much time and I was busy with school and didn't have my stuff with me. Plus, like you said, it's hard to keep up with all the digital pictures. I am hoping to finish this scrapbook and then just keep a scrapbook of special moments in our life. We'll see how that goes.

    I like your idea about blogging though. Jamal wants me to keep up our blog and then print it into a book some day. Who knows, maybe I will. It's like a journal but easier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Quiet Books

Feeding Ducks

Tis the Season!