It started like this ....

     This afternoon my adorable husband suggested we start a blog together. After some time, he convinced me. We decided to start this blog to write about us and our adventures together. I hope you can enjoy our lives with us as you read along. I'll start by telling you about us.
     Jamal and I met almost a year ago. It was election week, and we were sitting at church. I was with my roommates, seated in the row in front of him. We had never met, but I knew who he was. I wasn't aware, however, that he was behind me. I was focused on what was happening on my row. As church started, Jamal noticed me sitting in front of him. He mentioned to his friend sitting next to him that he liked my hair. Out of everything he could have liked about me, it was my hair? His friend replied that he should introduce himself to me at the end of the meeting.
      As the meeting ending, I stood up quickly, ready to rush home because I was hungry. I was also pretty shy and liked to avoid the awkwardness of standing around after church, trying to mingle. Jamal however, was quick. He said, "Hey, come over here," to me. I walked over and he asked me my name. Then he said, "I just wanted to tell you that your hair is really pretty." I was flattered and bashfully replied, "Thanks!" I then quickly dashed out of the meeting.
    Enough of the ushy gushy stuff.... Now let me tell you about Jamal and I. Jamal and I were married on June 22, 2013.  Right now, we're currently living in Orem. I teach 6th grade full time at an elementary school in Provo. Jamal works at a treatment center for troubled youth and will be attending school in January. His aspiration in life is to become a therapist. Between school and work, we keep pretty busy, but we feel  blessed with the life we have together.  Every day is a new adventure, but we take the time to stop and enjoy the simple things in life.

One of our most recent adventures- carving pumpkins at a friend's house.

Dressed as minions from Despicable Me at a Halloween Party

Comments

  1. Fun to see you have a blog!! I will look forward to reading new posts!!!
    -Jenilyn Barzee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah a blog! I am so excited to be able to peak in on your life. I haven't been so great at keeping my blog up but hope to get it going again real soon! I love your costumes!

    hugs
    Aunt Judi :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Quiet Books

Feeding Ducks

Tis the Season!